1. These Terms and Conditions apply for hotel accommodation contracts as well as for all other supplies and services provided by R Varna (the Hotel) to the guest.
2. Unless expressly recognised in writing by R Varna, alternative provisions, including those contained in the guest’s or customer’s general terms and conditions, shall not be applicable.
II. Conclusion of contract
1. An accommodation contract (hereinafter: “contract”) is established when a guest booking inquiry is responded to with a booking confirmation from R Varna.
2. The contractual partners are R Varna and the guest. If a third party undertakes the booking for the guest, as the customer it, along with the guest, will be liable as joint debtors to R Varna for all obligations arising from the contract, provided R Varna has possession of a corresponding declaration from the customer. Irrespective of this, every customer is obliged to pass on to the guest all information relevant to the booking, particularly these Terms and Conditions.
3. Sub-contracting or sub-letting of rooms, together with their use for any purposes other than accommodation, require the prior written approval of R Varna.
III. Services, prices, payment
1. R Varna is obliged to avail the rooms that the guest has reserved in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and to provide the agreed services.
2. The guest is obliged to pay the current or agreed prices for the hire of the room and for any other services he has made use of. This also applies to services effected by the guest or customer and expenses incurred by R Varna vis-à-vis third parties.
3. The agreed prices include the statutory rate of VAT. If the period between the conclusion of contract and the arrival of the guest exceeds four months and the statutory rate of VAT or local taxes and charges increase following the conclusion of contract, R Varna reserves the right to increase the agreed price by an amount equal to that of the increase of the payable VAT or local taxes and charges.
4. R Varna is likewise entitled to change prices if, following the conclusion of contract, the guest requests changes to the number of rooms reserved, the services required of R Varna or the length of the stay of the guest and R Varna agrees to these changes.
5. R Varna’s invoices are payable in full immediately upon receipt. The guest will at the very latest be in default of the obligation of payment if he fails to render payment within 30 days following the due date and receipt of invoice; if the guest is a consumer this only applies if special reference is made to the legal consequences on the invoice. If the guest is in default of payment, R Varna is entitled to charge consumers default interest at the rate of 5 percentage points over the base interest rate. For commercial transactions, the rate of default interest is 8 percentage points above the base interest rate. R Varna reserves the right to seek a larger amount of damages. R Varna shall charge a fee of 10.00 BGN for every reminder it sends in respect of outstanding payments.
6. R Varna is entitled upon conclusion of the contract or subsequently to request a reasonable advance payment or security deposit from the guest. The amount of the advance payment and the due date for its payment may be agreed in writing in the contract. During the stay of the guest in R Varna apartments, R Varna is furthermore entitled at any time to request payment for the costs incurred to that time by the guest by issuing an interim invoice and to demand its immediate settlement.
7. The guest is only entitled to set off counterclaims against the claims of R Varna, if these counterclaims are undisputed or have been confirmed by way of a final legal judgement.
IV. Rescission (withdrawal) by guest from contract, cancellation
1. Non-refundable rates: For reservations on non-refundable basis, 100% of the reserved value plus the municipal city tax will be charged to the provided credit card on the day of booking. In case of cancellation or modification the entire amount including city tax is charged as a cancellation fee.
2. Standard rate: Reservations on standard rate can be cancelled free of charge:
2.1. Up to 12:00PM on the day before the day of arrival.
2.2. In case of cancellation at and after 12:00 PM the day before the day of arrival, or in case of no-show, 100% of the reserved amount for the first night including breakfast (when reserved) and city tax will be charged from the client’s credit card as a cancellation fee.
V. Rescission (withdrawal) by R Varna
1. Provided that the guest has been granted the right to withdraw without penalty pursuant to IV. 2.3, R Varna, for its part, is also entitled to withdraw without penalty within this time period if applications from other guests are available for contractually reserved rooms and the guest does not waive his right to withdraw without penalty when contacted by R Varna.
2. R Varna is also entitled to withdraw from the contract if an advance payment or security deposit as agreed in accordance with III. 6 is not made/provided within a reasonable period of grace granted by R Varna.
3. Furthermore, R Varna is entitled to withdraw from the contract if there are significant reasons, especially if:
3.1. any circumstances beyond the control of R Varna make the fulfilment of the contract impossible;
3.2. rooms are booked under misleading or erroneous information concerning material matters, e.g. relating to the identity of the guest;
3.3. R Varna has good reasons for supposing that the use of the services could significantly jeopardise the smooth running of R Varna’s operations, or the safety of its guests or its employees or severely besmirch the public image of R Varna in a manner beyond the control or scope of its organisation;
3.4. unpermitted sub-contracting or sub-letting of rooms pursuant to II. 2 is undertaken;
3.5. the circumstances described in VI. 3 have occurred;
3.6. R Varna becomes aware that the financial circumstances of the guest have significantly deteriorated following the conclusion of the contract, particularly if the guest fails to settle outstanding debts to R Varna or fails to provide an adequate security deposit and therefore R Varna’s entitlements to payment appear to be in jeopardy;
3.7. the guest issues an application for the commencement of insolvency proceedings in relation to his assets, or ceases making payments;
3.8. insolvency proceedings are commenced in relation to the assets of the guest or said proceedings are denied due to lack of assets or other such reason.
4. R Varna must promptly inform the guest that it is exercising the right of withdrawal.
5. In such cases of withdrawal by R Varna, the guest will not be entitled to claim for damages.
VI. Arrival and departure
1. The guest has no right to demand the provision of specific rooms, unless R Varna has confirmed the provisions of particular rooms in writing.
2. The reserved rooms shall be available to the guest from 3 pm onwards on the agreed day of arrival. The guest has no right to demand that rooms should be provided earlier.
3. The guest should claim reserved rooms no later than by 4 pm on the agreed day of arrival. Unless a later time of arrival has been expressly agreed, after 4 pm R Varna has the right to assign the room to a different guest; the guest has no right of compensation in this event. R Varna has a right of rescission in this respect.
4. On the agreed day of departure, rooms must be vacated and be at R Varna’s disposal by 12 noon at the latest. After this time the Hotel may charge the day-time room rate up until 4 pm to compensate it for the additional use of the room and the costs incurred by way of the delayed availability of the room; from 4 pm it may charge 100% of the current full lodging price. The guest is entitled to show that R Varna sustained no loss or a lesser amount of loss.
VII. Liability of R Varna, limitation period
1. If any failures or shortcomings arise in relation to the services provided by R Varna, the Hotel will make every effort to rectify this situation if the guest has made his objections promptly known. If the guest culpably fails to notify the Hotel of the shortcoming, there can be no entitlement to a reduction of the contractually agreed payment.
2. R Varna is liable in accordance with the statutory provisions in relation to death or personal injury as well as for any deceitfully concealed faults and for any contractual guarantees assumed by it.
3. For all other damage not encompassed by VII. 2 and caused by the ordinary negligence of R Varna, its legal representatives or vicarious agents, the Hotel will only be liable if this damage is due to a breach of a fundamental contractual obligation that jeopardises the actual purpose of the contract. In these cases the liability will be limited to foreseeable damage typical for this type of contract.
4. The aforementioned limitations of liability apply to all claims for damages irrespective of the legal basis, including claims relating to tortious liability. The aforementioned limitations of liability also apply in case of a guest’s claims for damages against the employees or vicarious agents of R Varna.
5. For items brought into the Hotel, R Varna is liable to the guest in accordance with the statutory provisions but for not more than € 3,500. With respect to valuables (money, jewellery etc.) this liability is limited to € 800.00. The Hotel recommends that guests store such articles in the Hotel safe. The guest’s entitlements to compensation shall be null and void if he fails to report to R Varna any loss, Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation Contracts 3 destruction or damage immediately after he has become aware of it.
6. In the event that a guest is provided with a parking space in the Hotel garage or car park, this shall not constitute a contract of safekeeping, even if a parking fee is paid. R Varna has no duty to keep watch. In the event of that a car (and/or its contents) is stolen or damaged while parked/being manoeuvred on the Hotel premises, R Varna will not be liable unless it, its employees or vicarious agents acted deliberately or in a grossly negligent manner. In such a case, the claim for damages is to be asserted no later than upon leaving the Hotel premises.
7. Wake-up calls will be conducted with the greatest of care by R Varna. Claims for damages are excluded except in connection with deliberate acts or gross negligence.
8. Messages, post and packages for guests will be handled with great care. The Hotel will assume responsibility for keeping such items and, upon request and in return for a charge, to forward post and packages for the guest; this also applies to items of lost property, upon inquiry by the guest. After having kept such articles for at least one month, R Varna is entitled to pass these on to the local lost and found office in return for a reasonable fee.
9. The guest’s claims to compensation will become time-barred no later than two years from the time that the guest became aware of the damage event or, irrespective of such knowledge, no later than three years from the time of the said event. This does not apply with respect to liability for death or personal injury or for other damage resulting from any deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty on the part of the Hotel, a statutory representative or vicarious agent of the Hotel.
VIII. Concluding provisions, Court, Applicable law
1. Amendments and additions to this contract must be made in writing.
2. The place of performance is the registered address of the Hotel. Payment must be effected at said address.
3. It is agreed that legal disputes arising from or in connection with this contract will be heard before the Court of Republic Bulgaria. As an alternative to the foregoing provision, legal actions against consumers within the definition of the Consumer Protection Act may be brought before that court with jurisdiction over the consumer’s domicile, usual place of residence or place of employment.
4. This contract is governed by the law of the Republic of Bulgaria.
5. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are ineffective or void, or become so in the future, this will not prejudice the effectiveness of the remaining provisions. The statutory regulations apply accordingly.
Last update: 07.01.2021